Monday, May 16, 2011

The Evolution of a Photo


Whoa! It has been forever since I posted anything and it feels really good to be back. It has been a whirlwind the last few weeks. Lots of end-of-the-school-year performances and rehearsals for Tom which means lots and lots of "girl time" for me, my girls, and often, my mother (Lord bless her!) If it weren't for my mom I don't know how I would ever manage. She keeps me grounded, sane and often says the funniest things that keep life in perspective through laughter and a light hearted approach to everything. The best mom-ism of late was on Mother's Day. I dressed Clara in the cutest little pink dress complete with bloomers that had her initials embroidered on the bottom (thanks LeAnne). Mom comes rushing up to me as I held Clara and says, "Look, aren't those the cutest mammogramed bloomers?!?" That's right, folks, not monogrammed, but rather mammogrammed! I thought I was going to drop to the floor with laughter and if it weren't for the fact that I was holding my Chicken (aka Clara - I call her "chicken") I would have. Ah, Mom!! Anyway, Mother's Day was so great and I will be adding a post about the greatest Mother's Day present later, but for now I thought I would post a few pics...

I call this series of photographs "The Evolution of a Photo". All parents know what I mean when I say that it takes at least 5 tries before one picture actually makes it to the point where it is meant for public consumption. In this case I thought I would post all of the tries so you could see just how quickly things unravel while trying to get a single solitary image of the girls. I'll let you decide which one was the the "good" one. Good luck. Actually, I never got exactly what I had in mind and just gave up, but nonetheless I happen to love each photo!

Disclaimer: I am NOT a photographer as you will soon see below. All pics that I take are with my iPhone and are very grainy. Sorry, but that's how I roll. Thank goodness my husband is very gifted with photography or our girls would need therapy later in life due to lack of adequate photo love.








No comments:

Post a Comment