Thursday, July 7, 2011

Clara turns 1!!!

On July 5th, Clara Faye Dickinson turned 1 year old!!! I really can't believe how quickly time has passed and I have to say that I am a little sad that those sweet tiny baby days are behind us. I used to think the same thing of the women who said they were sad that their child was turning 1 as I did those women who said they loved being pregnant. Something like, "Oh, please!!" But really, I have loved this past year with Clara so much. I remember with Melaina I was so excited to reach every milestone that 1 year old seemed much like a victory for the whole family, but it's different this time around. Maybe since I now know by having experienced it before, just how fast it all goes. So, enough with the ho-hum...on with the party!!

We had Clara and Presley's party together on the 4th! Presley's birthday is on the 4th so Laura and I were in the hospital at the same time and I really cherish those memories. How cool is it to have your best friend having a baby around the same time as you much less the actual "same time" as you! Really, we ordered pizza and hung out in each other's rooms. It was just about as much fun as postpartum gets!!

So the party was a blast! It was a pool party followed by pizza and cake. (Tom and I were drooling over the yummy food since we are still on the #$!@-ing cleanse.) The little ones had so much fun as did the older sisters and their buds.

Here are some pics of the par-tay!!


Everyone having fun in the pool...


Me and my Clara...


Melaina and Brooke chowing down with their friend Luke...


Party pic...


There's my Miss America...


These girls were in denial that the party wasn't for them!


The cake and cupcakes! Yum, I just drooled a little...

Us mamas singing "Happy Birthday"...


That cupcake didn't stand a chance...



Presley made a very nice modern art painting with her icing!

This may be my very favorite picture. Sisters and sisters having fun together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment