Friday, July 8, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel!!

So I wrote a few posts ago about this 21 day cleanse that my husband and I have had the gaul to embark upon. Let me just walk you through the last 18 days of crazy sexiness.

First 5 days of cleanse = HELL. 'Nough said.

Day six: Rounded a corner, feeling much better.

Day seven: Even better

Days eight through twelve: Coffee cravings gone! Sweet cravings, gone!! Enjoying green juice more and more and although this is tough, we are half way through. Woot Woot!!

Days 13, 14: Dear God!!! What the hell was I thinking?!? Major speed bump on the road to being Crazy Sexy!! Sitting in floor with iPad reading the diet book trying to find one reason why I shouldn't give up and call it a day. I mean, what could 21 days do for me that 14 didn't?? Huh?? tell me, you stupid, stinking, self-righteaous, do-gooder, kill joy! (Keepin' it clean on the blog. Won't write what I really said) CLEANSE THIS!!



Deep breath. Namaste.



After having a real heart to heart with myself, on to day 15.

Day 15: Hard, really freakin' hard.

Day 16: Hard, but feeling strong willed and determined...

Day 17: I'm gonna kick this cleanse's booty, but it's still hard.

Day 18: Feeling pretty depleted physically, but my spirits are up, my weight is down and tomorrow is day 19.

Will I ever do this again? Doubtful, but I do know this: I don't miss meat, I don't miss milk. I miss the heck out of some coffee and wine (I guess I love my mood altering beverages, my stimulants and depressants) and two salads a day gets kind of old after awhile.

All in all I am calling it a success!!! Well, with three days to go, that is.

The main thing I have learned about myself is that the growth happens, either physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc when you make it past the breaking point and reach really freakin' deep within yourself and find that all too quiet voice that says "girl, you can do this".

Ok, now for a little melodramatic silliness. No I am not G I Jane, but I love this scene and this drill sergeant's voice is similar to the one in my head that was having a "come to Jesus" meeting with me on day 14... Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment