Friday, March 25, 2011

Vegas Here We Come!!

So we've always known Melaina to be somewhat of a ham. If you've been around her long enough and she has had time to warm up to you, chances are you have seen her act out one or more Disney princess scenes. Her favorite being Snow White complete with props and costume changes. We have two toy baskets in the living room and one is devoted enirely to props for her princess scenes. I'm sure I sound like a stage mom here, but believe me, Melaina needs no coaxing at all to leap entirely into make believe land. Many a time I have had to give the child an apple not for her to eat, but for her to play out the old peddler woman/Snow White scene. We take turns being SnowWhite. She doesn't merely act, folk, she directs, let me tell you the child directs. Many times she directs as the scene is underway. She will say in a hushed tone once I've handed her the apple, "laugh like a witch" in which case I'd better cackle while she takes a bit of the apple and falls dramatically to the floor while saying her lines, "I feel strange".

The funny thing is, for being such a ham, she doesn's really like to have her picture taken these days, much less video. So the other day as I was cooking dinner, I hear what seems to be an Elvis impersonation coming from the living room. Tom and I look at each other, and I quickly say, "hurry, you've got to video this"!! So, thankfully he was able to catch several minutes of her "act" before she knew it. The funny thing is ususally, I know where she has heard the songs she performs, but this time I am completely clueless as to what she is singing and I have absolutely no idea where the "Thank You, Thank You" came from. In the video, Clara is in the pack 'n play so I guess Melaina feels that she now has a very captive audience. I'm sure there will be more videos to come. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment