Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The eternal "Why?"



So now we have entered the world about which I have forever heard. The world where everything I say is answered with a question. That question is a simple one in it's form, but can be so incredibly difficult to answer. I am referring to, of course, the world of "why?".

Now, anytime I say anything, anything at all, it is followed by Melaina's "Why?". People with kids have always told me about this stage and they always imply that it is a really aggravating one. I find it, however, incredibly refreshing. I was telling this to my husband the other day and he just laughed, but truly, I love this new phase of the "why". Think about it. Instead of "But I want my juice" or "I don't want to go potty" or just plain "no", we now have an entered an entire new frontier, that of "WHY".

I finally get to have an existential albeit simple actual conversation. I have to actually think!! What, use my brain? I haven't done that in a while it seems, but answering why can be so limitless, so meandering. It is wonderful. My husband thinks my excitement has everything to do with my love for talking, and maybe that is somewhat true, but it's more than that. I am having actual conversations with real give and take, real possibilities with this human that I gave life to. Pretty cool. I've had many moments of wanting to ask "Why?", myself. Check her out. She's is one of a kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment