Monday, February 14, 2011

Tea for Three




Happy Valentine's Day! I wanted to do something extra special for my girls today since it is Valentine's Day. I had planned to have Melaina's best friend Brooke come over for a little tea party, but since I have caught the cold from hell, I decided it might be best to keep my fun little germs confined to this cozy house and this cozy little family. These cozy ones of mine are after all, the ones who gave me this plague to begin with, by the way. So, while Melaina was at preschool I went to the store and prepared a nice little tea party to surprise her when she got home.

Behold the menu: Heart-shaped peanut butter sandwiches, fruit salad, raspberry tea (no caffeine, of course (we have a nap to take, folks), and a petit four with a red heart made of frosting on top. The place setting was fit for a princess with table cloth, real china (not our usual paper plates) and my Tiffany and Co. demitasse cups and saucers which I bought several years ago at a rummage sale for thirty dollars and have never used. OK, so I probably enjoyed it way more than she did. Hey, who says I can't be a lady who lunches?

Enjoy the photo and Happy Valentine's Day! Notice the always camera-ready, Melaina...oh, and the perfectly placed Breast Friend nursing pillow in the background. Welcome to my life, y'all.





1 comment:

  1. So precious, Candace! Love it! I'm so impressed that you did something so cute during preschool instead of flopping on the couch like I would have done. Very inspirational - I think I'll take a nap now, though :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete