Friday, February 4, 2011

Watch out world, here I blog!


OK, so I am not at all savvy when it comes to technology. The fact that I haven't revisited my blog in two years simply because I didn't know how to find it is evidence enough. But, now that I have found it again (hello, there, blog), I'm going to try again with this whole blog thing.

Warning: this will not be a blog that posts Rockwell-like snapshots of idyllic family life, well, not all the time. It will more than likely be a bit more stream of consciousness with lots of random postings on books, cooking, ponderings, politics (just kidding), and of course, my sweet husband and kiddos...that is if I can remember how to get back to the actual blog.

It's a new year and one of my goals is to find comfort in the mess of life. Sounds so easy, but for me it is a daily battle, this trying to be content with what is rather than what I think it should be. I'm trying to live in the present and be joyful in the moment. (Sounds very profound of me doesn't it?) Chaos is sort of a constant for me, at least in my anxious little brain, so I am trying to be a little more "go with the flow"-ish. For anyone that knows me, please stop laughing at the thought of me trying to go with the flow and just look at the picture. The posting of this photo is, in and of itself, an act of letting go of the rules of what a family of four SHOULD look like. Enjoy at my expense...

Now this is how my family takes a photo.


1. Screaming baby Clara thrusting herself from my clutch - check!
2. My ruggedly handsome ( albeit a little scruffy) husband, Tom barely making it back to the family after setting the timer on the camera - check!
3. My beautiful 3 year old, Melaina trying to run away while my husband firmly holds her in place- check! (hey, at least she's smiling. Or maybe screaming, I can't tell.)
4. Yours truly with a blank canvas, no make-up, "just keep swimming" grin plastered on my face -check!

OK! There you have it - the first blog entry in two years. Yay me!! This is going to be fun. Don't worry, I'll understand if you never visit this site again. I'll be shocked if I can manage to myself!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT!!! You write uniquely and wonderfully! I love it, especially as I feel kind of cut off from the gorgeous bunch of Greenvillians. You are a great gang, and just beautiful. Congratulations on your blog, Candace!

    ReplyDelete